A+ | A- | Reset
FAQs Print E-mail

Q/ What can the service offer me?

A/ We can offer counselling with a trained and qualified counsellor. We can also offer advocacy support which may involve contacting agencies on your behalf, helping you access records, going with you to meetings, support to attend court or completion of Criminal Injuries Compensation claims. We can also offer befriending with a trained befriending volunteer.

Q/ How can I become more involved?

A/ We currently have the Forth Valley Service User Group where survivors can come along to discuss the service. This group has produced a DVD "Survivor Stories". Training that the group requests will be provided and the group will appoint representatives to attend the monitoring group and take part in the Board of Directors. If you wish to join the group contact Cath on 01324 630100. If you would like a Service User Group in your area please let us know. 

Q/ What Skills Do the Workers have?

A/ The majority of our counsellors are Post Graduate Diploma trained counsellors and all have substantial experience of counselling and in particular in the field of trauma, working with survivors. All of our volunteers go through a comprehensive recruitment process and they all have to undertake a course of training on working with survivors.

Q/ How do I make a complaint?

A/ If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service we have a complaints procedure for you to follow. The procedure is available on this website or it can be requested by telephoning the helpline.